Scope of delivery:
- 2x Ring clip with speed system line for attachment to the paraglider risers
- 2x Release hook with speed system line and release line (static line) for attachment to the speed system lines of the paragliding harness
- Installation instructions
Info speed pedal separation systems
A speed pedal separation system is required to allow a complete separation from the paraglider after an emergency parachute opening. The speed pedal separation system works automatically after opening the carabiner.
For the following reasons, even less experienced pilots are generally recommended to separate the paraglider after an emergency parachute deployment:
- Modern rescue systems are designed to drift sideways and thus generate dynamic lift. In the certification procedure, the sink rate is determined without the main glider. If the paraglider is not separated, it prevents the drift, leading to an increased sink rate.
- The possibility to choose the landing site with a steerable rescue system is a significant safety plus. If the main glider is not separated, the safety advantage to steer the rescue system is foregone.
- Interactions between the paraglider and the rescue system can cause the danger of increased swaying or a higher sink rate due to scissoring.
- It has shown that a separated paraglider usually collapses very quickly and that its salvage is easier. In the case of a tree landing, there is also a much lower risk of damage to the paraglider when it does not carry the full pilot weight.