The IMPRESS 3 introduces a new generation of harnesses to the thermal, cross country and competition pilot. This logical continuation of the unique seat board less LIGHTNESS concept provides the highest degree of comfort, and is aerodynamically as good as you can get. With an EN/LTF certified back protector the IMPRESS 3 is extremely light – only 4.7 kg – and compact.
Improved aerodynamics, light and comfortable
The IMPRESS 3 introduces a new generation of harnesses to the thermal, cross country and competition pilot. This logical continuation of the unique seatboardless LIGHTNESS concept provides the highest degree of comfort, and is aerodynamically as good as you can get. With a new low-profile EN/LTF certified back protector the IMPRESS 3 is extremely light – only 4.7 kg* for medium size – and compact.
IMPRESS 3: a new generation harness
Based on the LIGHTNESS concept
With this new design – without a seatboard – your body weight is supported by an ergonomic, crease-free seat surface, meaning that you definitely sit (or lie) more comfortably in the harness. This design does not create those pressure points that become a nuisance on long flights, and this is a clear advantage compared with a conventional harness.
Significant weight reduction
The IMPRESS 3 weighs only 4.7 kg* – quite revolutionary for a harness with speedbag and an EN/LTF approved foam protector. This weight reduction results from the sum total of numerous design and material details; lighter materials and innovative design also considerably reduce the packed volume.
The results of a lot of wind tunnel measurements were considered in the development of the IMPRESS 3. We specifically directed our focus on the aerodynamics, namely the airflow over the chest and leg areas. A low drag and geometrically optimised harness with a novel cockpit-spoiler concept is the result.
Features and Innovations
- Paragliding harness with speedbag and integrated reserve container, without seatboard
- Very light and compact: 4.7 kg* for medium size, including EN/LTF approved foam protector, with a small pack volume
- Extremely aerodynamic: A lot of work has gone into optimising the aerodynamics, based both on wind tunnel research and practical tests
- Integrated underseat reserve container with innovative reserve compartment closure system
- New low-profile 13cm EN/LTF certified back protector
- Safe-T-System for the chest and leg straps
- Detachable instrument panel on the cockpit
- Ballast compartment under the seat shell
- Quick-out carabiner capable
- Camera pockets in the speedbag
- Provision for drink system
- Shoulder hook and loop fastener for Solario and SPOT
- Exit in speedbag for urine tube
Advance Impress 3 – Technical Data
|Pilot height (cm)||155 – 170||171 – 185||186 – 200|
|Seating width (cm)||n/a*||n/a*||n/a*|
|Carabiner height (cm)||n/a*||n/a*||n/a*|
|Chest strap width (cm)||40-48||40-48||40-48|
|Total weight of harness incl. carabiners (kg)||4.5||4.7||4.9|
* Because the hammock system follows the body shape exactly the seating width together with the carabiner height will vary with the pilot dimensions.